General Qeury on Mergining test suites Ranorex

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
NewLearner

General Qeury on Mergining test suites Ranorex

Post by NewLearner » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 am

I have below queries on test suite solution, please let me know answers...

1. Is it possible to work with same test suite by different persons in same time? If so how could we(Ranorex) manage the test object repository.

2. If two person using two different test suite, is there any way to merge the two test suite in to single one?
If so is it possible to merge the two different test object repository into one single?

3. "Error to continue" property is there for each line, but we have to update in each line to skip if any error occour on the step, but it will reflect in to single step, is there any way to tell the Ranorex in test level(not in each stelp) to continue the run.

Thanks in Advance
Madhavan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General Qeury on Mergining test suites Ranorex

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi NewLearner,

Regarding your first and second question, please have a look at our blog entry on:
organizing-a-test-automation-project-with-ranorex-test-suite

Addressing question three: There is no setting at test suite level for setting all lines to be continued at fail, but you can either mark all recording actions within you action table. Than set the property “Continue on Fail” to “true”, which means that every recording action will be executed even if the predecessor fails. Another approach is to set the error behavior of the test case to “Continue with iteration”. In that case the recordings will be stopped but the iteration of a data driven test is going on.

Regards,
Robert

NewLearner

Re: General Qeury on Mergining test objects

Post by NewLearner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:18 am

Hi,
I have two object repositories namely , GlobalObject1 and GlobalObject2, both are contains same objects and each has its own individual objects, now I like to merge these two object repositories into one object repository, please let me know how to do this...

1. is it any way to compare two objects, what are the same objects and different objects contain in these two repository?

2. anyother ways?

Thanks
Madhavan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General Qeury on Mergining test suites Ranorex

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Hello Madhavan,

Please have a look at the following post: http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-mer ... tml#p11636

Regards,
Robert