Get rid of references for custom DataSource

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
gerd

Get rid of references for custom DataSource

Post by gerd » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:05 am

Hi!

I am using Ranorex 8.0.1 and built a custom data connector according to the description in how-to-integrate-my-own-dataconnector-i ... 3511.html .

The plugin itself works fine, but Ranorex is automatically adding assembly references for the connector and connector config dlls (but without specifying a hint path).
Warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "CustomPlugin.CustomConnector". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
Warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "CustomPlugin.CustomConnectorConfig". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
These files are of course not nescessary for deployment because Ranorex loads the dlls on test exection from the plugins folder. Manually deleting the references in the project file does not resolve the issue, because Ranorex re-adds the references when restarted.

How do I stop Ranorex from creating assembly references to the custom data connector dlls?

RobinHood42

Re: Get rid of references for custom DataSource

Post by RobinHood42 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi gerd,

I had a similar issue with a custom plugin.

I'm afraid that it's not possible to stop Ranorex from adding references to the plugins. I resolved the issue by manually removing the reference and re-adding it correctly. Afterwards, everything worked as expected.

Cheers,
Robin

gerd

Re: Get rid of references for custom DataSource

Post by gerd » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks for your answer. If this is really the only way, I'll use your solution.