Unfortunately I'm dealing with HR Data so no SnapShot will be forthcoming, but I've been seeing this behavior in multiple types of elements and it appears to be repeatable regardless of the repo item. I don't know when this behavior started, but I don't think it's always done this. I've been more wrong about more important things before.
I'm using the "Get value" action in a recorded module to capture the innertext and bind it to a parameter. I started seeing this when the specific attribute I'm going for wasn't listed in the "get value" context menu.
Steps to recreate:
- Drag object from repo onto recorded module
- Select "Get value" I want "innertext" but it isn't listed
- Selecting an attribute is required so pick one
- Notice the red warning icon over the step number
- Change the attribute name to "innertext"
- Move directly over to the variable column
- Select a variable from the list or add a new variable
- The variable is now bound, the red icon overlay is gone but the attribute has reverted to the previously selected value