GetChildLineageFromUid failed on FlavorElement with flavor '

Bug reports.
dochoa

GetChildLineageFromUid failed on FlavorElement with flavor '

Post by dochoa » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Using:
IE Explorer 11
Ranorex Version 5.0.1.17706

When I run our tests using out automation station (runtime license), randomly I get this warning:

"GetChildLineageFromUid failed on FlavorElement with flavor 'web'. Index was outside the bounds of the array."

When this occurs eventually Ranorex will fail to find an object and report that to me by showing me a picture of the object it was trying to find (because it was there).

If I see this happening early enough in the test now I will just stop it and restart, but it is annoying when it occurs in the middle of a 6 hour test.

I saw a thread where krstcs wrote a bug report, but there was no solution in the thread.

Let me know what other information can help you.

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Re: GetChildLineageFromUid failed on FlavorElement with flavor '

Post by krstcs » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:14 pm

dochoa,

My original issue was in 4.1.4. I have not seen the issue since updating to at least 5.1+ (current version is 5.2.2), although it was intermittent when it was happening.

Try updating Ranorex to the current version and see if that helps.

I don't know if they actually fixed it or if something else was changed that is keeping it from popping up.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Gayathri Jagadeesan

Post by Gayathri Jagadeesan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Did you find a solution? I am seeing this error in the middle of the 2 hour test. 3- 4 tests randomly fails when starting IE 8.

I am using Ranorex 5.3.2 (the most recent version).

Exception:

GetChildLineageFromUid failed on FlavorElement with flavor 'web'. Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified. System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg,IMessage retMsg) +0x51 System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData,Int32 type) +0x1b8 Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.ITridentDom.GetChildLineageFromUid(IntPtr browserRef,IntPtr elemRef,String uid) +0xffffffff Ranorex.Plugin.WebDocumentRemoteFlavorElement.GetChildLineageFromUid(String uidValue,UidFindResult& result) +0x0 Ranorex.Core.Element.FindFromUid(String uidValue,Element& result) +0xb0

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi Gayathri Jagadeesan,

May I ask you to provide more information about your System? Please also let me know if you can send us your Solution whereby this error occurs. This helps us analyzing the issue in more detail.

Thank you in advance.

PS: If you don't want to post your solution in this public forum, you can send it to [email protected]

Regards,
Markus (S)

Gayathri Jagadeesan

Post by Gayathri Jagadeesan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi Markus,

I sent all the requested information to the above mentioned email address.

Thanks.