Getting 1 Error while trying to Run

Bug reports.
Emna Boujelben

Getting 1 Error while trying to Run

Post by Emna Boujelben » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi all,

I am working with the Ranorex Trial Version and it was working fine for 20 days, but strating from yesterday while I Run the Project I am getting this error:
Task failed because "AxImp.exe" was not found, or the correct Microsoft Windows SDK is not installed. The task is looking for "AxImp.exe" in the "bin" subdirectory beneath the location specified in the InstallationFolder value of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\WinSDK-NetFx40Tools-x86. You may be able to solve the problem by doing one of the following: 1) Install the Microsoft Windows SDK. 2) Install Visual Studio 2010. 3) Manually set the above registry key to the correct location. 4) Pass the correct location into the "ToolPath" parameter of the task. (MSB3091)

I tried to solve it by following the instructions given but still getting the same.
Someone have an idea about it please?

Thank you in advance

N612

Re: Getting 1 Error while trying to Run

Post by N612 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 pm

Did you add any third-party references to your solution by chance? I have only seen this once when referencing the HTTPWatch library as AxImp.exe was required to use the library. I was able to resolve this issue by installing the Windows SDK.

If you are still having trouble, I recommend seeing if you can duplicate in a new Ranorex solution. This will help determine if the issue is unique to your solution or your machine. If it only occurs in your solution, are you able to upload it (compressed)? If you cannot due to privacy reasons, perhaps [email protected] can assist you as they were very helpful to me when I was evaluating Ranorex.

Hope this helps!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Getting 1 Error while trying to Run

Post by odklizec » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:38 am

Hi,

This "AxImp.exe not found" error has been discussed and solved here:
task-failed-because-aximp-exe-was-not-f ... tml#p51871
task-failed-because-aximp-exe-was-not-f ... tml#p51940
Hope this helps?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration