Getting TestRail Communication error while exporting the test cases from Ranorex to Testrail

Ask general questions here.
Sandeep1632

Getting TestRail Communication error while exporting the test cases from Ranorex to Testrail

Post by Sandeep1632 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am

Hi,

While I was doing export of test cases from Ranorex to Testrail I am getting below error, Can some one help me here

TestRail communication error:
Unexpected error: API Rate limit Exceeded - 180 per minute maximum allowed. Retry after 4 seconds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Getting TestRail Communication error while exporting the test cases from Ranorex to Testrail

Post by odklizec » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 am

Hi,

It's a TestRail limitation. We already discussed this problem here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12920&p=51390#p51391
Hope this helps to you too? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Sandeep1632

Re: Getting TestRail Communication error while exporting the test cases from Ranorex to Testrail

Post by Sandeep1632 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,
Now I tried doing Import of cases from Testrail to Ranorex and I am getting fetching data screen for a very long time and the call never ends and testsuites are not loaded.
Below are the steps followed..
1. Start testrail wizard from ranorex(Tools> Testrail Integration > Start Testrail wizard)
2. Connected to testrail from ranorex by providing username and password
3. Selected Import into Ranorex Studio
4. Selected the required project from Import from drop down
5. Now it displays a message saying Fetching data which never ends.
Ranorex Version: 8.2.1

Can you please help here.

Thank you,
Sandeep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:41 am

Hi,

I’m sorry, I’m not using testrail, so I can provide only some general suggestions ;) Are you using most recent Ranorex 9.0.1? If not, please upgrade Ranorex. At next, have you tried to import simplest test case/suite?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Sandeep1632

Post by Sandeep1632 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:00 am

Yes, Tried with latest version of Ranorex (9.0.1) still not working.
The specific project which I am selecting is having many test suites under it, out of which I need to select my required suite once the data is populated in the ranorex screen which is not happening.

Thank you,
Sandeep

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am

Hi Sandeep1632,

The original issue with the rate-limit could also be causing the issue when you are trying to download the project. As odklizec already mentioned, the error is a TestRail error message that is only displayed by Ranorex. Therefore, I think that you have to contact the support of TestRail in order to get this fixed.

Regards,
McTurtle