Global parameters

Ask general questions here.
kavya13

Global parameters

Post by kavya13 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:58 am

Hello team,

Kindly let me know if i declare a global parameter and if i want to change it, then should i change in all the test cases or in a single place?

I have two projects in a single solution. In project 1 i have 3 testcases(testcase1, testcase2, testcase3) and in project 2 i have 3 testcases(testcase4, testcase5, testcase6). I want to execute testcase3 in project 2. How can i achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Global parameters

Post by odklizec » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:17 am

Hi,

Global parameters, defined at test suite level, are 'global'. Which means, that they can be changed at one place and all connected parameters/variables will get the changed value. You can change the Global Parameter directly via Ranorex Studio interface (TestSuite view) or from command line, via parameter
/pa|param:<parameter name>=<value>
e.g.
text.exe /pa:parameterName=123
For more details about setting global parameters via command line, check this user guide article:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... testsuites

I'm afraid, there is no way to execute TestCase2 in Project 2? In fact, projects don't hold TestCases, just recordings and code modules? TestCases/SmartFolders are stored in TestSuite, where you can define them and of course, you can use modules from whatever project you want in the same TestSuite, so you can freely mix modules from all available projects in the same TestSuite or even TestCase/SmartFolder.

Could you please post your solution, so we can review it to better understand your problem? Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration