Global Repository for all Projects in a Solution

Ask general questions here.
gni

Global Repository for all Projects in a Solution

Post by gni » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am

Hi,

My solution contains projects, which correspond to specific modules of the web application under test. Each project contains a repository, specific to that module. However, I would also like to have a global repository, including elements which could be used in all projects. Is it possible to do it? If yes, then how.
I'm new to Ranorex, so if there is a solution for that, I would appreciate a step by step instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Global Repository for all Projects in a Solution

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi gni,

This is possible but does take a little setting up to work. The below steps should help you achieve this.
  1. Add a new class library to your solution (right-click {SolutionName} in the Projects panel> Add > New project... > Class Library (under Advance folder). This will be the project which will contain your global repository.
    0.png
  2. Add a new repository to this new class library (right-click {ClassLibName} in the Projects panel > Add > New item... > Repository (under Ranorex folder). This is your new global repository.
  3. Open any recording module in one of your other projects
  4. In the repository panel (typically on the bottom half), select your new global repository
    1.png
  5. When prompted, select Link repository to project '{ProjectName}'
  6. (optional) If prompted, merge your repositores if you wish to automatically copy the items from the indivdual repository to the new global repository
  7. (optional) Once linked, there will be a new linked repository file under this project. Right-click this file and select Set repository as default. This will be the default repository used for new recording modules.
    2.png
Repeat steps 3-7 for each project you wish to use this global repository in. I hope this helps and if there is anything I can better clarify, please let me know!

Cheers,
Ned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.