Graphic bug with Windows 10

Bug reports.
wataruvp

Graphic bug with Windows 10

Post by wataruvp » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Hello,

I happend to have huge graphic bugs with Ranorex 6.1.1 with Windows 10 making it impossible to work with.
The software is just deadly buggy not only for the graphics but for every single features.

[img]Ranorex_bug.jpg[/img]
Attachments
Ranorex_bug.jpg
Ranorex_bug.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 695 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Graphic bug with Windows 10

Post by odklizec » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:13 am

Hi,

Could you please check what's your actual Windows Display setting (scale factor) for text, apps and other items (as described >here<). I guess you have the scale well over 125%? Too high display scale could result to the problem you are experiencing. Just reduce it to a reasonable value.

As for your other problems, could you please be a bit more specific about other "bugs" you are experiencing? I'm using Ranorex on a daily basis and I really can't say it's THAT 'buggy'? BTW, there is already a new version available (6.2) with some bug fixes and new features.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

dugovic.milan

Re: Graphic bug with Windows 10

Post by dugovic.milan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Assuming from provided screenshot you're using a 4K machine.

You've got following options:
EITHER - turn off the DPI scaling (Properties/Compatibility/Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings) and buy yourself one pair of heavy glasses for comfortable use
OR - set your monitor resolution to FULL HD and don't bother yourself about DPI-Scaling

Personally, I had to choose the second option, since I'm using DELL XPS 9550 with 4k display which is NOT the most optimal solution anyway :roll:
Attachments
DPI.png
DPI
DPI.png (30.12 KiB) Viewed 680 times
Ranorex 8.3.0