Higher time is taken while recording/testing dropdown items compared to other windows controls.

Ask general questions here.
[email protected]

Higher time is taken while recording/testing dropdown items compared to other windows controls.

Post by [email protected] » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm

We are working on Ranorex version 8.2.1. We test a desktop application developed using c# and WPF.
While recording/testing drop-downs, noticed that the time taken is higher than that for other controls.

Is there any way to reduce this time taken. Or do we have any setting for these timings
Please let me know if I am missing on anything regarding this.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Higher time is taken while recording/testing dropdown items compared to other windows controls.

Post by odklizec » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:26 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, Ranorex 8.2.1 is obsolete and no longer supported. Please try to reproduce your problem with 8.3.3 or 9.0.

At next, what exactly is slower? Finding the element (item in combo box) or finding the combo box itself? In both cases, there is most probably a problem with the xpath you are using. Please upload a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the problematic combo box/combo box list, along with the xpath you are using. Without seeing the xpath and snapshot, it's impossible to tell how to improve the search speed.

If there is something else slow, please describe it in more details (along with steps you are using). Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration