Highlight against unknown WebEl. slides content to the left?

Ask general questions here.
dugovic.milan

Highlight against unknown WebEl. slides content to the left?

Post by dugovic.milan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Hey guys. By using the highlight method against unkown WelElement (tag) Ranorex moves my website content to the left. For no reason. I suppose, it has something to do with "cufon-tag" (ancestor of my unknown element) which is an element ultimately reponsible for font conversion (into a shape). Does anyone happen to know what causes this problem or what's the prevention against it? Does it relate to the highlight method itself?

PS - I cannot update to the latest version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranorex Explorer @DVAG
Support my Ranorex Ideas & Improvements
My current approach: Ranorex 9.2.0

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Highlight against unknown WebEl. slides content to the left?

Post by odklizec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi,

Without seeing your app, it's pretty hard to tell what's wrong. But I'm sure that the cause of moving the content of the web page to left is most probably "Ensure Visible" option. You can disable it either globally (via Ranorex Settings >> General tab >> uncheck "Use Ensure Visible by Default") or per particular repo element (in repository select the problematic element and in its Properties set the Use Ensure Visible property to False).

The 1million $ question is, why it moves the content of your web page? But as mentioned, without seeing your web app (or at least the snapshot), there is most probably nothing anyone else can do or suggest?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration