How can I connect Ranorex with JDBC

Ask general questions here.
freeddy1987

How can I connect Ranorex with JDBC

Post by freeddy1987 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi,
I'm currently using DbVisualizer for reading PostgresSql and SQLite Databases. It can't write on the database but with SQLite Expert I can.

I'm looking to connect Ranorex on this two kinds of databases with a JDBC. I need to read the databases and send script to modify fews things on it when Ranorex is running.

I tried to install Microsoft JDBC Drivers 4.2 (Preview), 4.1 and 4.0 for SQL Server but doesn't look to work with Ranorex.

windows 7 PRo
ranorex 5.3.2.23378
.Net 4.0.30319.42000

Thanks for the help
Last edited by freeddy1987 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

krstcs

Re: How can I connect Ranorex with JDBC

Post by krstcs » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Not enough info about what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it...

If you are talking about the data connectors in the test suite, Ranorex only supports databases that have OLE DB drivers. It does not support JDBC out of the box. You will need to install JDBC OLE DB drivers.

If you are talking about connecting to the DB in usercode, then you can do it with C# like anything else, but you need the right drivers and you need to know how to use the API for the specific driver/DB you install.
Shortcuts usually aren't...