How do you include C# doc comments in DLL files?

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
MatthiasT

How do you include C# doc comments in DLL files?

Post by MatthiasT » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi there,

we have created our own dll file with common operations and a repository. It is meant to be used by other test suites. In the source code of the c# files, I added c# documentation comments to all the public classes and methods like this:

Code: Select all

/// <summary>
/// Returns an instance of the designer and connects to the zeb//control server defined in the central database.
/// Will create (start) a new designer instance if none exists.
/// </summary>
public void getDesignerWithLogin() {
/*...*/ 
}
I've also activated the generation of doc comments (at least I think so) in the settings of the project.
doccomments.JPG
Settings for doc comments.
doccomments.JPG (54.9 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
The resulting xml file is copied along with the dll file when the library is referenced from a test suite.

However, when I'm using methods from the dll file, the doc comments are not shown.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Best,

Matthias

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do you include C# doc comments in DLL files?

Post by Support Team » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Hello Matthias,

Please ensure that the XML-File is in the same folder as the referenced *.dll-file.
If the issue still occurs I may ask you which Ranorex version you are currently using.

Regards,
Robert

MatthiasT

Re: How do you include C# doc comments in DLL files?

Post by MatthiasT » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi Robert,

I just checked again - funnily enough it's working now. ;) Don't know what went wrong before.

I'm using Ranorex 5.0.1.17706 btw.

@everybody who might experience this in the future: Put the xml file with the doc comments next to the dll before referencing the dll file.

Best,

Matthias