how to add property tag into Junit report?

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
jjiang1

how to add property tag into Junit report?

Post by jjiang1 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:15 am

Hello, Support
Before the upgrade to 7.0, there used to has property tag in the report file. And the properties tag info is important for me. After the upgrade and select create jUnit report by clicking the check mark, right now properties tag are missing. Is there a way that I can add properties tag into the jUnit report?

previous report style:

-<testsuites>
-<testsuite time="7.31e-01" tests="52" timestamp="2027-03-01T06:49:04" hostname="" skipped="60" failures="33" errors="36" name="blah">
-<properties>
<property name="notes" value="Web Server Build Number: , Reference: https://reports"/>
</properties>
<testcase time="7.31e-01" name="Setup" classname="RanorexTestReport.Setup"/>

Thank you for your help
jjiang1

Vega

Re: how to add property tag into Junit report?

Post by Vega » Thu May 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Are you using a different or old xsl transform file (xslt)? What is the "big" picture of what you are trying to do with these properties?

jjiang1

Post by jjiang1 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 am

Before, I use old XSL transform file (on Github) in Ranorex 6.2 to transform report with adding some build info into a property tag in that report, so that when I upload the report to Testopia, the parse tool can get the build info from property tag. But now since upgrading to Ranorex7, I use your build in jUnit report and can't use old XSL transform API to transform the existing report by adding more info into it. My ideal way is to use new jUnit report, and still can add some info into there.

Thank you
jjiang1

vladimir.trandafilov

Post by vladimir.trandafilov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi there!

Is there any update regarding this issue.
I also would like to make some customization of compatible jUnit report, e.g. changing a report level etc.
As I understand it is impossible for now...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Hello,

It is not possible currently to customize the Junit report in Ranorex. However if this feature is important to you, then I would highly recommend voting on it via our User Voice platform. User Voice is a platform where our users can share and vote on features and improvements which are the most important to them. What is cool about User Voice is that it is reviewed daily by our product management team. The more votes something gets the more likely it is to be implemented or added more quickly.

You may find a link to our User Voice below:

https://uservoice.ranorex.com/forums/15 ... ve-ranorex

I have also found an entry which is similar to what you are describing, so you may want to vote on this existing post (Looks like this was just added by you Vladimir! I have also voted on your post :D ):

https://uservoice.ranorex.com/forums/15 ... for-compat

I hope this helps!

-Jon