How to add simulator to Ranorex

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
Sagar Paidalwar

How to add simulator to Ranorex

Post by Sagar Paidalwar » Thu May 04, 2017 8:05 am

can anybody please tell me how to add simulator to the ranorex to test script as i am using windows machine and ranorex does not support mac.or is their any other approach to use simulator for testing because i am not getting any option and proper document on how to connect simulator to my ranorex for testing. Please help me .

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to add simulator to Ranorex

Post by odklizec » Thu May 04, 2017 11:15 am

Hi,

What kind of simulator and with what version of Ranorex? Ranorex only supports automation of Windows, iOS and Android apps, where iOS and Android apps could be automated both on real devices and emulators. Ranorex does not support Mac platform, not even via "emulator".
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Sagar Paidalwar

Post by Sagar Paidalwar » Thu May 04, 2017 12:37 pm

I have to test my app on simulator for ios , not on real device.i am using ranorex 7. So how to do that . I am not getting any documents and no option available on ranorex to add simulator to test my script

Sagar Paidalwar

Post by Sagar Paidalwar » Thu May 04, 2017 2:44 pm

I am using Windows 10 pro, Ranorex 7.0 please help me if you have any solution or another approach to test script on simulator.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu May 04, 2017 4:21 pm

The Ranorex documentation has full instructions on how to accomplish this, you need to read it. http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-guide-20.html

It should be no different with the simulator than with a device, if you get the sim setup right.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Sagar Paidalwar

I am not able to Launch the App through Ranorex in iPad/iPho

Post by Sagar Paidalwar » Fri May 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi,
I am using Windows 10 pro, Ranorex 7.0, iPad v:10.2 I recorded a script and whenever i am going to run my script on my iPad I need to launch my (AUT)application manually and i need to keep it foregrounded then only my script is able to play else if my (AUT)application is not in foregrounded and i am going to play my script then my test script fails and not able to launch the application automatically through ranorex.. Please give me some solution so that I can start my (AUT)application through ranorex even though my app is not running before playing the script.
:)
Thanks in advance!

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Mon May 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello Sagar,

Do you mean that the app is not launched at all and no error shows up or there is some error? Or... Maybe it is launched and then it goes into the background?

If the app crashes:
Synchronize your device with iTunes and check the folder %appdata%\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\Devicename\. There should be a crash report. Please add this to your next post.

Regards,
McTurtle

tvu

Post by tvu » Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 pm

You can add an iOS Simulator on the device list using the Network option. The IP address will be that of the Mac running the iOS Simulator. An instrumented app must be running already on the Simulator for Ranorex to find it.

Ranorex can't launch an app on the Simulator. You must manually launch the app yourself via XCode or via Jenkins. One of the reason why Ranorex can't launch an app is because you can't install the Ranorex Service App on the iOS Simulator.

Hope that helps.