How to ... Add variables on Local Variables Panel OR Watch variables value on Watch Panel?

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
Vanderson

How to ... Add variables on Local Variables Panel OR Watch variables value on Watch Panel?

Post by Vanderson » Mon May 18, 2020 11:11 am

Hello Guys,

My question: How to use Local variables panel? How to add variables on that panel? I'm using Ranorex 9.2.1, Win 10 PRO but I don't know how to add variables on this panel.

I would like to mention that I not using code, only recording actions. But in my record actions, I use variables and I need to inspect then.

I can't found this information on user guide.

Thanks for helpping!

BR
Vanderson Araujo
Best Regards,

Vanderson Araujo

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to ... Add variables on Local Variables Panel OR Watch variables value on Watch Panel?

Post by odklizec » Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, it's not possible to see values in Local Variables tab without setting breakpoint in code. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the recording of your choice, select a recording action, riught click on it and in the appeared context menu select "View Code".
- Then in the appeared code, set the breakpoint to selected action or any line on which you want to pause the code.
- Then you must switch solution to debug mode (clicking "bug" icon in toolbar).
Now if you run the solution, it should pause at breakpoint and only then you can examine values in Local Variables tab.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Vanderson

Re: How to ... Add variables on Local Variables Panel OR Watch variables value on Watch Panel?

Post by Vanderson » Mon May 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Hello odklizec,
Thanks for your help!

I turned on the breakpoints and the debug (see pictures attached), but the breakpoints don't stop the record. What I missing?

Vanderson Araujo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards,

Vanderson Araujo

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon May 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi,

Make sure the Build >> Set Configuration option is set to Debug...
Debug.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration