How to additional parameter for AutoCreateNewIssueIfTestCaseFails in JiraReporter

Ask general questions here.
venugopal

How to additional parameter for AutoCreateNewIssueIfTestCaseFails in JiraReporter

Post by venugopal » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Team,

I'm using Ranorex version 6.1.1(Licensed) in windows 7 machine. I have added JiraReporter libraries to my project to auto create an issue upon any test case failure. My Jira project requires many mandatory fields, but AutoCreateNewIssueIfTestCaseFails module only few parameters such as Description, Issue type, labels, Project key and Summary.

1. How to pass additional parameters to Jira from Ranorex?
2. Do we have any mode or module to create an issue with additional fields?

Thanks
Venugopal V
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to additional parameter for AutoCreateNewIssueIfTestCaseFails in JiraReporter

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 am

Hi Venugopal,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Not only does the Jira reporter come with lots of great modules to use, but it also comes with lots of user methods to chose from. One of these methods is called 'addCustomFieldValue' and just like the name implies you can use this to populate custom fields. There are several ways to implement these methods but here is a simple example:
  • jira1.png

Inside the recording module 'addMyCustomJiraFields' I have the 'addCustomFieldValue' method from the user code library:
  • jira2.png

If you are not familiar with the user code library, try the below:
  • Within a recording module -> Add new action -> User code -> Select from library
If needed, you may learn more about our user code section here: https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... e-library/

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.