How to convert rxlog to html

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
tpe22

How to convert rxlog to html

Post by tpe22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:45 pm

I'd like to know how to convert rxlog files into html files. I've tried to change file extensions but output is now in the format as I desire. Does anyone know what is the proper way to do this?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to convert rxlog to html

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello tpe22,

You can change the default file type for the report by right-clicking your test suite in Ranorex > Properties, then navigate to the Report tab and make your changes.
2019-08-19 16_13_50.png
Alternatively, you can rename both the .rxlog and .rxlog.data files to .html and .html.data, these files are found in the Reports folder in your solutions folder.

Regards,
Sean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tpe22

Post by tpe22 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks for the reply.
I have one more question related to this. As you see in the attachement Ranorex generates a few files related to the report. I wish to upload all this files as one folder and view them as html but I couldn't figured it out. Could you tell me if this is possible or not please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:07 am

Hi,

Upload where/how? You see, this is what there is compressed (rxzlog) for. Basically, rxzlog is nothing else than just renamed zip file ;) And it's best option for distribution via email or ftp upload. If you want to distribute HTML report as single file, you must compress it, along with all required files, and then unpack the archive on target machine. If you are going to distribute report via email, you will have to instruct people how to unpack report files manually.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration