How to... Create an Interactive test

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
Vanderson

How to... Create an Interactive test

Post by Vanderson » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:09 pm

Hello Guys,
Good morning/evening/night for all!

Here I am again with another question: Can I create in Ranorex one "interactive" test ?
Let me explain: I would like to create one "partial" automatic test. In this fictional test, the Ranorex begins, access a system, execute a several of tasks. At specific step, the system "stop and wait" for the tester (me in case), then turn on or turn off a switch (this system in case is embeded in one device with butons, switchs, etc), after that, the Ranorex continues with the another steps to the end of test. I have several tests with this situation where I need turn on and turn off switches to perform a test.

At first moment I think in "Wait for" action, but I would like to ask for another way to implement this kind of solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Vanderson Araujo
Best Regards,

Vanderson Araujo

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to... Create an Interactive test

Post by odklizec » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:47 am

Hi,

You can achieve something like this by implementing special "pause" code, using, for example, a custom message box, which will stop the test at defined place and then continue with test after clicking OK button. Check for example this post, with example message box code:
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/pause-tes ... 12193.html
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration