How to find out assembly version

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
omayer

How to find out assembly version

Post by omayer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:42 pm

How to find out which version of assembly targetting to which version of .Net framework.
Here is the error that i am getting when compiled-
An assembly with the same simple name 'UtilityTestLibrary, Version=1.0.4324.13445, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null has already been imported. Try removing one of the references or sign them to enable side-by-side. (CS1704) - c:\SVNviews\Automation\UtilityTestLibrary\bin\Debug\UtilityTestLibrary.dll:1

--- ok..found the work around- if I close muliple projects that are referenced to main project then i can execute the test w/out any error, another issue arisue..there is no log entry on report regarding pass or fail or any info .

Thank you,
Beginner
Tipu

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to find out assembly version

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi,
there is no log entry on report regarding pass or fail or any info .
Are you sure that you are logging your executed actions?
Please check if you have set the “Reporting Level” to an appropriate setting, like “info”?
Also check if the “Generate replay reports” and the “Use item logging by default” is
selected in your Recording settings?
Which Ranorex version do you have installed, if you do not use the actual one please
update, because we have fixed some reporting issues there.
Do you have used any special reporting configurations or did you get any error code?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

omayer

Post by omayer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 pm

tried set the “Reporting Level” checked w/inherit,error, success...but no go...
---report does generate if i manually coded on each script as Report.Success("pass");,
Tipu

omayer

Post by omayer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:05 pm

also checked the “Generate replay reports” and “Use item logging by default” at Global settings > Recorder ..using ranorex version 3.1.1
Tipu

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:17 am

Hi,
report does generate if i manually coded on each script as Report.Success("pass")
Did you create Recordings or User Code files in your project?
If you are using Recordings please check in the "Recording.cs" files if the actions created the appropriate Report.Log("...") methods?
Please set the "Report Level" of your Test Suite to "Info" and the "Report Level" of your Test Cases to "Inherit" and try it again.
You can also check if there is a "*.rxlog.tmp" file in your Debug directory?
If so you can rename it to "*.rxlog" to open it in Studio.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

omayer

Post by omayer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:10 pm

i created 3 different testlibrary w/Code module , one of the test library used referenced to other 2 test library. Then created one Test Suite w/referenced to all other test library. Now i get the result by inserting the code Report.sucess....
-- i can do drag and drop testcases on test suite project but when i try to modify any test library from test project i do get compile error . so now i have to open separate instance of test library to do the modification and compile w/out any error, i am trying to organize multiple project in one solution --article -Organizing a Test Automation Project with Ranorex Test Suites
Tipu

omayer

Post by omayer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Why do I have to remove the reference and readded everytime i update/compile the test library that are being referenced.
Thank You,
Beginner
Tipu

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi,

Please take a look to following post
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/execute-t2790.html#p11231

Regards,