How to Format Ranorex reports in Outlook 2010

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
rfeiock

How to Format Ranorex reports in Outlook 2010

Post by rfeiock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm

I wrote a framework that will run Ranorex tests in an automated fashion and output the report files to a shared location. Once the tests run, my console application (C#) will take the Ranorex file, apply the transform and embed the HTML into an email message and send it out. Our company uses Outlook, so when I receive this email, the formatting is awful since Outlook uses the MS Word rendering engine. Has anyone else come across this, and if so, do you know of any workarounds for this issue?

Ciege
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to Format Ranorex reports in Outlook 2010

Post by Ciege » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 am

I do similar, but a little different...

All my reports end up in a centralized network location. They are all renamed with a .XML extension. I then email the the full path to the XML file (not the whole report). This way, then end users that want to open the report can click the link and have the XML report opened in IE (or their browser of choice) automatically.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to Format Ranorex reports in Outlook 2010

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am

Hi,

You could also just add a short summary of the test results to the email body and the full zipped report to the attachments of the email as described in the following link: Sending an email of Test Results.

Regards,
Markus