How to generate Junit.xml report and .rxzlog in release folder

Ask general questions here.
bhavani

How to generate Junit.xml report and .rxzlog in release folder

Post by bhavani » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:32 am

Hi,

My .rxsln has two test suites and both the test suites has Enable Report checkbox and Create a compatible copy of JUnit report checked. My configuration is set as "Release". I did Build solution and there is a release folder that gets created. Now i execute the exe using ranorex agent from command line. But after complete test suite execution, there is no reports in the Release folder. I mainly require Junit and .rxzlog to be generated in the Release folder itself i.e where the exe is present. I have tried almost every combination for Report settings but unable to get junit and rxzlog reports. :( :cry:

Any solution on this would be really helpful!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to generate Junit.xml report and .rxzlog in release folder

Post by odklizec » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:51 am

Hi,

Please post entire command line you are using. I believe that if you want both rxzlog (compressed) report and junit file, you need to specify also 'unpacked' rxlog report in the command line you are using. Here is the command line from one of my tests and which definitely works:
%WORKSPACE%\tfs\OnDemandAut\bin\Release\OnDemandAut.exe /rc:ConfigurableExports_247611 /zr /zrf:%WORKSPACE%\Reports\RXReport_ConfigurableExports_247611_build-%BUILD_NUMBER%_%%X.zip /rf:%WORKSPACE%\Reports\unpacked\RXReport_ConfigurableExports_247611_%BUILD_NUMBER%.rxlog /ju
It's from Jenkins job, so you can ignore all these %something% variables and replace them with appropriate paths ;)

At the end of test, I simply instruct Jenkins job to delete unpacked folder and keep just compressed reports.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

bhavani

Re: How to generate Junit.xml report and .rxzlog in release folder

Post by bhavani » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi odklizec,

Currently I am trying to implement the below settings for each test suite. And i am triggering the powershell script to execute the exe as attached in the screenshots. Irrespective of trying this the reports gets generated in this path: C:\Program Data\Ranorex Agent\Uploads. I am clueless about why the report(both junit and .rxzlog) is not generated in the same folder where the exe is present. Tried several other combinations of checking and unchecking the options but unable to get the expected output in the desired folder
Requesting you to please help on this

Regards,
Bhavani V
Attachments
SplitGenPSScriptSS.png
SplitGenPSScriptSS.png (28.35 KiB) Viewed 116 times
SplitGenFolderStructure.PNG
SplitGenFolderStructure.PNG (105.37 KiB) Viewed 116 times
ReportSettings.PNG
ReportSettings.PNG (46.56 KiB) Viewed 116 times