How to get to the captured tooltip value?

Ask general questions here.
jchou

How to get to the captured tooltip value?

Post by jchou » Fri May 25, 2012 9:56 pm

I followed the instruction of how to catch tooltip: first checked Hotkey, then moved mouse to tooltip object, pressed 'M' key to record mouse movement (per Martin's response of tooltip question), then when tooltip appeared, pressed 'T' to catch tooltip. But where was the tooltip value stored? How to get to it? Thanks.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to get to the captured tooltip value?

Post by Support Team » Sun May 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi,

basically there is no need to use the "M" hotkey, as by using the "T" hotkey the mous move action will also be recorded.
Validations on tooltips using the hotkex "T" only work on tooltips which are identified using the RanoreXPath "\tooltip" but not for e.g. flex tooltips.
Please provide us some more information about the kind of tooltip you are going to validate.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Team

jchou

Post by jchou » Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 pm

The tooltip I tried to catch is inside an iframe, with the xpath (provided by Ranorex Spy):

/dom[@domain='qa-app01.adaptiveplanning.com']/body/div[@id='apContent']/span/iframe/body/div[1]/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div/div[@id='dashboardscontent']/div/div/div[@id='contentspanel']/div/div/div[@id='dashboardspanel']/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div[2]/div/ul/li/div[1]/table/tbody/tr[2]/td/map/area[186]

I don't see tooltip in the xpath. Is this information helpful for you? Please let me know what other information you might need.

Thanks.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed May 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi,

Do you have tried all the things Martin suggested on the following forum post Mouseover item --> Popup appears?
How did you get the shown RxPath?
Maybe you can send us a Screenshot and a Ranorex Snapshot file of your application when the tooltip is shown?
The following link shows you how you can create such a snapshot file: Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

jchou

Post by jchou » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 pm

I created and sent in the Ranorex snapshot file to Ranorex' support email last Friday. But so far I have not heard back from Ranorex support. How does this process work? How would support respond to me? Through email?

jchou

Post by jchou » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Sorry, I got the date wrong. I think I sent the snapshot file to Ranorex support on Wednesday, the same day I saw the reply from Markus. But again, how will I get response from Ranorex support about my snapshot file? Thanks.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 am

Hi,

I already answered your question, I sent the answer via Mail on Friday.
For the next time you sent us a Snapshot file about a topic from the forum, it would be great if you also mention the link to the specific forum post, it would be of great help to us.
I wrote the following:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the snapshot file!
The snapshot shows that you haven’t instrumented Firefox, therefore you weren’t able to
correctly identify the elements in the browser.
Please start the instrumentation wizard and do the instrumentation of Firefox as mentioned on the following link:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... refox.html
After this please perform all the mentioned steps to identify your tooltip again.
Could it be that the mail was blocked by your firewall?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team