how to give the title of IE9 browser window

Ask general questions here.
sumanthkumar

how to give the title of IE9 browser window

Post by sumanthkumar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi,

I am using Ranorex for quite a few years now with ie8, ie7. whenever I have some object need to be accessed in a browser window, I used to provide window title and object id/object name with its role. in IE9, i dont see any title given by Microsoft [only seperate tabs got the title]. So what title needs to be given for IE9 browsers?
I tried to use ranorex spy and I found out that there is no caption/text for the IE9 window

Please look into this issue once.

sumanthkumar

Re: how to give the title of IE9 browser window

Post by sumanthkumar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:53 am

Guys, this is little urgent and it will be really helpful for me if any one can look into this once. I also tried to use "FindFormbyClassname" method as the browser window contained class name [no role/caption in ranorex spy]. But it did not helped me.

how to access the existing ie9 browser window and click some objects in that winow [like button/ link].

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:23 am

Hi,
sumanthkumar wrote:how to access the existing ie9 browser window and click some objects in that winow [like button/ link].
In IE9 doesn't exist a title bar. The title of the window has moved to the tab page. Therefore you have to spy the tab page.
Here you have an example path for IE9 with a Google tab.
/form[@processname='iexplore']/element[@class='WorkerW']/container/container/container/tabpagelist/tabpage[@accessiblename='Google']
Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

sumanthkumar

Post by sumanthkumar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks Peter for the reply.

I have compiled a Binary which simply takes form title, button name, role and wait time as input and click on the button when executed. .

When i used this binary for IE9, at first I was clueless about what to mention for the title as ranorex spy did not give any title for IE9.

after going through your post, I tried to use same binary for already opened ie9 session [with google.com] and gave the title as 'Goolge' [as you mentioned], but it did not worked. Can you elaborate little more.

Thanks
Sumanth

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 am

Hi,

To get the title of you tab page. Please open Ranorex Spy and your IE instance. Inside you element tree you should have a icon of your IE. Now navigate to the tabpage and you should find the title of the tab page.
Maybe you could post us an use case and your code to help you with your issue?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team