How to know the coverage of areas (of your application) that is covered with your Ranorex tests?

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
JFL

How to know the coverage of areas (of your application) that is covered with your Ranorex tests?

Post by JFL » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi,
my manager has an interest into knowing how much area (in our app) that is covered by the Ranorex tests.

The most common mistake is that people try to calculate it by looking at their TestRails test suite and check how much test cases are automated.

Is there anybody that figure out a way to calculate the coverage of areas (of your application) that is covered with your Ranorex tests?

dugovic.milan

Re: How to know the coverage of areas (of your application) that is covered with your Ranorex tests?

Post by dugovic.milan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am

Hi, how would you wanna technically do that? Knowing the exact fraction of your app, that is covered by automated tests, also means using reverse engineering. I'm afraid this could be done only with a detailed help of your developers and would take you a lot of time. Still, Ranorex is functional UI Test Automation tool and for that reason is mostly meant for tests you can repeat over and over, and cover the base fuctionality of concrete app. What's are the intentions of your manager?
Ranorex Explorer @DVAG
Support my Ranorex Ideas & Improvements
My current approach: Ranorex 9.2.0