How to perform Drag and Drop using Coordinates

Ask general questions here.
Prasanth

How to perform Drag and Drop using Coordinates

Post by Prasanth » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,

As I am unable to identify any elements on the application, I am forced to perform the drag and drop operation using coordinates
Please help me out how to continue on this.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to perform Drag and Drop using Coordinates

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi Prasanth,

I will be happy to help you with this. Are you sure you are unable to get any object recognition in your AUT? Generally, no object recognition means there may be a configuration or permission related issue preventing object recognition as it is rare for Ranorex to not get any object recognition. What technology does your AUT utilize? Also, are you able to provide a Ranorex Snapshot file? This will help us better understand your AUT and environment.

Nonetheless, if you have already gone through all of the object recognition troubleshooting steps and there truly is no object recognition, you can use mouse-down, mouse-move, and mouse down actions to simulate a drag-and-drop action. The mouse action's 'Action spot' specifies where the mouse will perform the action (or move to) and is relative to the specified repository item (top left of the element is X;Y 0;0). Note, you can also specify a percentage of the total width/height of the repo item with decimal numbers (i.e. .5;.5 = 50% of the width;50% of the height = Center of the element).

I hope this information help!

Regards,
Ned

Prasanth

Post by Prasanth » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am

Hi,

Below i am providing the snapshot of application.
In the snapshot, I should Drag and Drop Element17002-->Element 3602 which contains some files that should be dragged to a identifiable location(Object recognized).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi,

Have you tried GDI Capture approach? Because the list items are not identified by Ranorex (due to missing or incorrect accessibility implementation in your app), you should definitely try GDI Capture technique, which may be able to extract RAW texts for individual list items. With RAW texts, you may either be able to directly drag the list items or at least get proper coordinates for individual list items (from RAW text elements).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration