How to record mouse over actions during test recoding

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
ankit

How to record mouse over actions during test recoding

Post by ankit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:36 am

I have a scenario where on mouseover action the next logical step in the test flow comes up .

However, I have observed that Ranorex is not able to identify menus on mouseovers .It only identifies(records) on click/mouse wheel rotation/drag etc. events.

How do I record such event as it is crucial to upcoming test flow.

In the snapshot uploaded I need to access ADAPTER INSTANCES option ..which appears only when I mouseover to CONFIGURATION menu .

While recording ,I need to hover to ENVIRONMENT > CONFIGURATION> ADAPTER INSTANCES menu..which is not captured by Ranorex and hence I can not click on ADAPTER INSTANCES.

Browser: Firefox
Web application is build on Flex

Can someone help me out .

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to record mouse over actions during test recoding

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi Ankit,

By default, mouse movements are not recorded; for this reason please also perform mouse clicks in situations such as navigating through menus (or use Recorder Hotkeys to record mouse movements)
If you want to use the hot key functionality, activate the Recorder's hot keys simply by clicking on the 'Enable Hotkeys' checkbox or press the master hot key '<SCROLL>'.

The recorder's toolbar will then show which shortcuts are available.
Use the hot key 'M' to record simple mouse movements. Simply move the mouse pointer to a certain position and press the hot key to record the mouse movement in relation to the underlying UI element.

Regards,
Markus (S)

ankit

Re: How to record mouse over actions during test recoding

Post by ankit » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks Markus ,that solved my problem