How to report in Ranorex 4 with out using test suit

Bug reports.
kumarchowg

How to report in Ranorex 4 with out using test suit

Post by kumarchowg » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi,

i am facing problem to generate report from my class. i have deleted test suite and recordings from My solution. i have created my own classes and from that if i use Ranorex.report.Success("My message") But i am not getting any report generated.

But in earlier version it used to generate Reports

Thanks
Kumar

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to report in Ranorex 4 with out using test suit

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi,
kumarchowg wrote:i am facing problem to generate report from my class. i have deleted test suite and recordings from My solution. i have created my own classes and from that if i use Ranorex.report.Success("My message") But i am not getting any report generated.
Which type of Report to you want to get? Do you want the new one with TestCase and Modules or do you want to get the old 2.x Report?
kumarchowg wrote:But in earlier version it used to generate Reports
Which version you are talking about? Ranorex 2.x or Ranorex 3.x? Did you change something in your code?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

kumarchowg

Post by kumarchowg » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi,

i want the old report with out Testcases and Modules. Am using the latest version of ranorex (4).

basically we are not using any record/Testsuites in our automation process. we are adding c# class files and writing code. From that c# class files if we use Report.success or any thing it is not reflectiong in the reports.

Thanks
Kumar

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi,

Did you place a Report.Setup(ReportLevel.Info, "testLog.rxlog", true); call in your program.cs?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team