How to run ranorex scripts on remote computer

Ask general questions here.
strannik

How to run ranorex scripts on remote computer

Post by strannik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi there,

Is it possible to get instructions how to run scripts on remote machine and what should be done and installed? What was done Please read below:

We have remote computer where Server License installed and license was successfully registered as well Ranorex Studio is present there. When I'm opening client (Ranorex Studio) to run our scripts it is prompting me with the message: The license server 'IT....' was contacted but no suitable license was available. Please add additional license to you license server or wait until license become available.
This license is valid until March 2015.

Please let us know how to fix this problem.

krstcs

Re: How to run ranorex scripts on remote computer

Post by krstcs » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 pm

How many licenses did you buy and install on the license server?

If it is only 1, then you cannot open Ranorex on more than one system at a time.

If it is more than 1, then you may only open the level of Ranorex available on the license server. For example, if you bought 1 Premium License and 1 Run-time License, then you will only be able to open Ranorex Studio on 1 system at a time, but you would be able to open Studio on 1 system and run tests on another system concurrently if you wanted. The Runtime License ONLY allows you to run tests and a few other things. If you need to run tests on the Runtime license you should use the Test Suite Runner tool, not Studio. You can also run the tests from the command-line (Ranorex builds .NET executables), but you still need at least a Runtime License available for that system to use.

This is pretty typical of any license scheme for software.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

strannik

Post by strannik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Thank you for your answer.

Could please explain how to open Studio on 1 system and run tests on another system concurrently.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Please read ALL of my post above, I laid out specifically the ways to do this and the licensing requirements.

A single license can ONLY be used on 1 SYSTEM at a time. If you need to do more you will need to purchase more.

If you need to run tests without Studio, then either use Ranorex Test Suite Runner (installed by the Ranorex installer) or run them at the command-line like any other Windows executable program.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

strannik

Post by strannik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 pm

We have one developer and one floating. Is it possible to run scripts concurrently? If yes please give me details.
Developer license is on one machine and floating on remote computer.