How to run the failed test cases in the same batch run

Ask general questions here.
premravi

How to run the failed test cases in the same batch run

Post by premravi » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:33 am

Hi,

I am looking for a piece of code or some kind of setting which help me to run my failed test cases again and run it

Basically the requirement is, whenever the test case is failing make sure that it is not because of any intermittent issue

So, that can be checked if we run the failed test cases again and then also if it fail we can check what is the issue or if it pass than we can clearly say that first time it got failed because of some intermittent issue

Please help me to configure requirement in my framework

Regards

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to run the failed test cases in the same batch run

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 am

Hi,

In my opinion, the easiest solution is to set Retry count for each test case, so whenever a test fails, it's automatically repeated (as many times as you specify in retry property). If you want something more sophisticated, then you will most probably have to store the names of failed tests (e.g. in external file) and then repeat those tests by running them from command line? I think something like this has been discussed in the past, so try to search this forum ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

premravi

Re: How to run the failed test cases in the same batch run

Post by premravi » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the resolution,

So far retry count is working fine,

As far as the discussion is concerned I searched the forum with few but did not find any related discussion

Please help me to find out that discussion just in case if that can also be helpful

Regards