How to search a textbox within usercontrol more faster

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
jet

How to search a textbox within usercontrol more faster

Post by jet » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:01 am

Hi all ,my company is seeking a automation test solution,i found ranorex and download it which version is 3.0.5.We are making a valuation about it now, it was a excellence tool,but there is a limitaion when it was searching the usercontrol,could it be faster,in my test case it spend more than 8 seconds to search a textbox or button etc in the usercontrol,my application is a add-in of visual studio 2010.There are serveral usercontrol in a winform .Any reply would be appriciated.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to search a textbox within usercontrol more faster

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 am

Hi,

Would it be possible to post us a Ranorex Snapshot of your entire application and the RxPath you use to search for an element? Then is would be much easier to help you with improving the performance for you RxPath.

How to create a Ranorex Snapshot

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jet

Post by jet » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:56 am

Thank you for reply.
I had send the snapshot file to [email protected], and the ranorexpath was "/form[@automationid='VisualStudioMainWindow']/container[@classname='DockRoot']/tabpagelist/tabpage/container[@automationid='D:0:0:{3AE0C910-9CAC-492B-B67D-9032344D6720}|MetadataProject.Metadata\MetadataProject.Metadata.mdproj|c:\users\zhangzh-a.grandsoft\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MetadataProject\MetadataProject.Metadata\NewEntity.metadata.entity||{47117862-E59D-478F-8E86-12A13D6B719A}']"
If you could not recieve the mail,please give me a mail address then i would send it again.
Thank you!

jet

Post by jet » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:15 am

Given there were numbers of add-in editors and usercontrols(mainly include usercontrol in editor) , and we will make automated test serveral times every night. So,We hope that search one control about 1 second.If it achieve the goal would be appreciated!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:17 am

Hi,

I'm sorry but we did not get any snapshot file from you for now.
Please either send it to [email protected] or attach it to your next forum post.

Kind regards,
Tobias
Support Team

jet

Post by jet » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:26 am

:)
Attachments
VS-ADDIN-EDITOR.rxsnp
(792.17 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 am

Hi,

Thank you for the snapshot. I saw that the AutomationID of the control you are searching for is very long. Therefore it could take longer. Instead of your RxPath please try the following one
/form[@automationid='VisualStudioMainWindow']/container[@classname='DockRoot']/tabpagelist/tabpage/container[@name='Entity: NewEntity*']
I would also suggest you to read following blog
http://www.ranorex.com/blog/ranorexpath-tips-and-tricks

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jet

Post by jet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 am

Thank you for replay.
I'm not sure wether the issue was cause by the ranorexxmlpath,the path i posted was captured by spy tool, but in my test case the path as brief as you suggest.
It was fantasy that i download version3.1.0 and reinstall it ,i found the search speed of control had improved obviously.It was faster,which expensed 2 seconds to search a cotrol!

With best gards