How to select drop down values from a web page based on the input given from excel sheet

Ask general questions here.
MahanCodes

How to select drop down values from a web page based on the input given from excel sheet

Post by MahanCodes » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:03 am

Hi Team.

I have a drop down and it contains 4 values.
My test scenario is to select any of these values and validate.To consider this , i have given values in excel sheet. Now i want to use this value and select drop down accordingly.

How can it be done ?

Thanks ,
MahanTesh

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to select drop down values from a web page based on the input given from excel sheet

Post by odklizec » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:43 am

Hi,

Basically, you just have to combine data driven approach (described here) and key sequence action described here.
Simply create a smart folder with data connector, pointing to the excel files with given values. Then in this smart folder, create a recording, which does the combo box item selection, via key sequence and key shortcut actions (using recording variable connected to smart folder data connector). If you don’t use Chrome, you can use simple mouse clicks instead of key sequence/shortcut actions. But as discussed before, mouse clicks does not work with Chrome-based combo boxes.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration