How to set Default Target Framework and solution Refs

Ask general questions here.
jwhite

How to set Default Target Framework and solution Refs

Post by jwhite » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 pm

We're running .NET 4.0 and each time I create a new solution I have to reset the Framework for the Ranorex solution and swap out the default references. Is there a config file or some way I can set my default for those and not have to manually set them for each solution? Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to set Default Target Framework and solution Refs

Post by Support Team » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello,

Could you please describe why you want to swap out default references (which ones)?
How do you reset the Framework?

Regards,
Markus (T)

jwhite

Post by jwhite » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm

I wanted to use <appSettings> in appConfig, so I pulled in System.Configuration.dll. When I did that I swapped out System, System.Data, System.Drawing, System.Windows,Forms and System.Xml for compatibility. That of course required I update the RNX Framework by right-clicking on the Test Suite name in Projects, selecting properties and Compiling. This is for a Login module that will be used in many test suites. In more detail, I'm using appSetting to store username and an encrypted password so that data is not exposed, then decrypting it in the Login module. The decrypt is managed by a DLL, also included in References. Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 pm

Hello,

It is not recommended to modify this setting but you could modify the RanorexTestSuite.xpt file to exclude a specific reference (delete the entry). This file is located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex 4.0\RanorexStudio\AddIns\AddIns\Misc\RxSharpdevelop\Templates\Projects\CSharp'.

Additionally, you could modify the Net40_app.config file (default for app.config).
This file is located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex 4.0\RanorexStudio\data\templates\project'.

Regards,
Markus (T)