How to stop the Recorder from failing over?

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
devenb

How to stop the Recorder from failing over?

Post by devenb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi,

If I am playing an recorded test through the Ranorex's Recorder Play and if any condition fails then the Recorder stops and comes out of the Play mode and the rxlog file is launched giving the detailed test report.
Due to this the full test is not executed and one does'nt get an fair idea of the quality of the SUT (software under test) till the failed test case is fixed.
I see only one workaround where the test can be manually run after the step which had failed, but that doesnt solve the purpose of an automation tool (which should work without much manual interference).
Is there any way to stop this so that the full test is executed without getting interrupted in between?

Thanks & Regards,
Deven B.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Hello devenb,
there`s no facility to continue testing after an element was not found in the recorder at the moment. You have do modify the source code.
I can understand your opinion and the ability to run testcases on the SUT without stopping after an element wasn`t found.
We already have discussed such issues and a solution is currently on our feature request list.

Regards,
Christian,
Ranorex Support Team