hoanglz

How to udpate current Repository?

Post by hoanglz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 am

Hello Ranorex,
I have a question about Repository:
- I record a script
- In my Repository, there is few control detected by Ranorex
- Then I use Element Browser to browse the my application
=> but there no way to copy the element from Element Browser to Current Repository.
Drag and Drop return a poor result :cry:
please refer to my picture in attachment.

http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... x-spy.html

From this link, there no clue relate to "update repositoy".
Please help.
Thank you,
HoangLX.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to udpate current Repository?

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 am

Hi hoanglz!
Could you please give a more specific explanation of your issue.

As I see you want to add Ranorex Spy (Element Browser) elements to your repository.
You can add elements over the 'context menu->Add to Repository' or per drag`n drop.
Whats the error result if you use drag`n drop?

Regards,
Christian
Ranorex Support Team

hoanglz

Post by hoanglz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:53 am

hi Christian,
Please refer to my picture in attachment. I point out some note and item with red rectangle and red number.
Following is my description about my repository issue.

Step1:
I record a simple step with notepad, and Ranorex automatically generate a Repository for me. Look at the picture, it is number 3: FormNotepad

Step 2:
I want to add some more item into FormNotepad. So I open Notepad application. Then I Open element Browser. As you can see, it is number 1 in the picture. I want to copy all element tin number 1 to number 3.

Step 3:
I drag and drop mouse from number 1 to the right panel, Number 2 appear with only one element.

Step 4:
I open menu/Format/Font of Notepad application. ReOpen Element Browser again. number 4 appear.

I wonder that:
1) number 1 and 3 should be automatically synchronize.
2) number 2 should have all child element as number 1
3) number 4 should be the child of number 1
4) I follow your guide 'context menu->Add to Repository': Using Renorax Spy to save .rxrep file, but I really don't know how to add .rxrep file to my current project.
Please refer to number 5, there this button "Add new Repository file", but there no button "Add exist Repository file"

emm, I have played around with Quick Test Pro and my opinion may depend on QTP (sorry :D )

My application has a lot of controls, and many controls is hidden.
If I have to update every control in repository, it is a pain.

Best regards,
HoangLX.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hoanglz

Post by hoanglz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:59 am

Support Team wrote:4) I follow your guide 'context menu->Add to Repository': Using Renorax Spy to save .rxrep file, but I really don't know how to add .rxrep file to my current project.
Please refer to number 5, there this button "Add new Repository file", but there no button "Add exist Repository file"
Oop, sorry for this comment, I found the way to add .rxrep file already: Menu/Project/Add/Add exist items

Best reagards,
HoangLX.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:42 am

First you should modify your repository elements in that case that they are valid for all situations. That means for the notepad application that you shouldn`t use the auto-generated '@title' attribute for form recognition. In this case use '@processname='notepad' instead for a more generic identification because the title changes after every new saving under a new filename.
information about RxPath: http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... xpath.html
If you want to add new elements to the repository now they will be saved beneath the correct form node :)

to 2) If you want to add all child elements use context menu->Add to Repository(incl. Children)

to 3) Ranorex doesn`t recognize forms opened by a main form as child forms. However you can create a 'new folder' in the repository and place all your related elements there.

Regards,
Christian
Ranorex Support Team

hoanglz

Post by hoanglz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 am

Thank you for your fast reply, I'm sorry because of I'm overload with "Automation test tool evaluation". I'm trying to find a tool which suit our application.
ya, xPath is different from general script conversion I have worked. It may take more effort to discover.
New question is comming :lol:
thank you so much.