How to update screenshots in batches?

Ask general questions here.
will

How to update screenshots in batches?

Post by will » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:31 am

Hi,

Our automation test is an image-based test. When the UI is modified, we have to update the screenshots. So How should I do to replace them in batches once with the Ranorex ?
Or is there a better solution instead of swaping them one by one ?

BTW, it's sometimes a little bit different between 32-bit and 64-bit screenshots. So does someone have experience in keeping the two screenshots and validate them accordingly.

Many Thanks.

Will.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to update screenshots in batches?

Post by Support Team » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Will,

When the UI was modified you need to add new validation screenshots which show the updated UI. In order to update the output you need to rebuild the solution.

What do you mean with "sometimes a little bit different between 32-bit and 64-bit screenshots"?
Do you mean the 32-bit and 64-bit version of your application?

Regards,
Markus

will

Post by will » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:58 am

Support Team wrote:Hi Will,

When the UI was modified you need to add new validation screenshots which show the updated UI. In order to update the output you need to rebuild the solution.

What do you mean with "sometimes a little bit different between 32-bit and 64-bit screenshots"?

Regards,
Markus
Thank you for your reply. But that's not what I asked. I know that I have to add new validation screenshots when the UI is changed.

The question is that there are a lot of screenshots that needs upgrading in one solution when the UI of our software is changed. So is it possible to ugrade screenshots onece by all instead of upgrading them by playing recordings one by one.

Here is my idea. Ranorex can save new screenshots temporarily when finding it different from before as running the testsuite. Then I will upgrade them by new screenshots once by all after finishing running.

Will

will

Post by will » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:03 am

Regards,
Markus
Our automation test is an image-based test. And images are a little bit different between 32-bit and 64-bit version of our software. so is there an solution that can keep two images and validate them accordingly.

Will

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Will,

May I ask you to discuss this feature request via email? Please send the email to [email protected] and please add the link to this forum post to the email's body.

Regarding the question about the different screenshots, you may need to use a global parameter or a module variable to distinguish which image should be used for the image validation.
You can save more screenshots to one repository item but there is no build in mechanism which allows you to automatically select/use the right screenshot for the right bit version. You therefore need to make this in UserCode or you could try using a smaller similarity factor.

Regards,
Markus

will

Post by will » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:33 am

May I ask you to discuss this feature request via email? Please send the email to [email protected] and please add the link to this forum post to the email's body.

Regarding the question about the different screenshots, you may need to use a global parameter or a module variable to distinguish which image should be used for the image validation.
You can save more screenshots to one repository item but there is no build in mechanism which allows you to automatically select/use the right screenshot for the right bit version. You therefore need to make this in UserCode or you could try using a smaller similarity factor.

Regards,
Markus
HI,

I've already sent the email. Pls check your mailbox. Thanks for your replay.

BTW, QTP has this feature and you can try it. I hope Ranorex can add this amazing feature, which is very useful and also save me a lot of time.

Many Thanks.

Will.