How to validate a TextField in Silverlight

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Dekta

How to validate a TextField in Silverlight

Post by Dekta » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi,

I have something like this:

Account Balance Old: 100$
Account Balance New: 200$

With spy I can identify the following:
Text1 -> Account Balance Old
Text2 -> 100
Text3 -> $
Text4 -> Account Balance New
Text5 -> 200
Text6 -> $

100 and 200 are calculated by the application. So I want different test-cases with for example 100,200 - 50,100 - 20,40 and so on. So I have to identify the text fields with the money without knowing something about the value.

My XPath looks like this:

Code: Select all

/................./container/text[@text='Account Balance']/following-sibling::text/
Then in Spy all following text fields are shown yellow. In Studio nothing works. The item "100" is not found.

I am very new to Ranorex and C#. Is it possible to identify an object with neighbour objects? How does it work?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to validate a TextField in Silverlight

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi,
Dekta wrote:I am very new to Ranorex and C#. Is it possible to identify an object with neighbour objects? How does it work?
If you post a Ranorex Snapshot of your table, I could provide you a RxPath which identifies your element with another attribute than the value. How to create a Ranorex Snapshot

I recommend reading following blog too http://www.ranorex.com/blog/ranorexpath-tips-and-tricks
Or watch the "RanoreXPath Part Two" screencast: https://www.ranorex.com/resources/?filt ... stid=57104

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Dekta

Post by Dekta » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Where can I find your Email-Adress?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi,

Please send it to [email protected] . As reference please add this thread to your mail.

Thank you and regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team