How validate excel sheet tabs

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
ravichandu76

How validate excel sheet tabs

Post by ravichandu76 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 am

Hi all,

I'm facing one issues i am using the data entry as excel sheet
req 1 : i am able to read that excel with file name if i am having multiples tabs within the excel how can we validate all

For eg : i am having file name abc.xlsx in this i am having upto 20 tabs i want to validate all at ones

it is working if i am giving with sheet tab name but my reuirement is using the file name only it should validate all

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How validate excel sheet tabs

Post by odklizec » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:56 am

Hi,

I'm not quite sure I understand correctly, what exactly you trying to achieve? If you want to use just one excel sheet to validate excel file with multiple sheets, then no, there is not an easy way to achieve what you want. The only solution could be adding a column with sheet name (to the data connector excel file) and the sheet name should be then used for every line belonging to particular sheet. And then there should be some kind of code module/recording, which will click appropriate sheet tab, before validating sheet's content? But I may understand your need wrong, so please explain in more details, what exactly you want to achieve? Ideally, with some excel file examples (both ref. data connector and validated excel file). Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ravichandu76

Post by ravichandu76 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for reply
I having the Excel file called abc.xlsx in this i having several sheets like 1.Fields 2.Entry 3.Values 4. comments
i want to validate by calling abc.xlsx without giving sheet names is it posible it will do automatically
if i am giving sheet names separately its working eg: DataEntry(dataentryfile, sheetname) using this one its acheivable
but client reuirement is without calling sheet name want to validate all sheets is there anyway to acheive it

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:33 am

Hi,

No, I don't think that what you want is achievable. Definitely not without coding entire validation procedure. I mean, you will have to write a code, which will "somehow" validate the reference and comparison xlsx. And the code will have to match the appropriate sheets.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration