I cannot download any iOS Service App

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
tomwolf

I cannot download any iOS Service App

Post by tomwolf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm trying automation on Apple devices, but I'm not able to download the Ranorex Service App from the Mobile Download Archive. Does everyone have the same problem and is it the download link that needs to be fixes or am I the only one?

Thanks already,

Tom
Regards,

Tom Wolf

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I cannot download any iOS Service App

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi Tom,

I just tested the link for RxServiceApp Distributable 3.0.3 and it worked perfectly from the Safari browser on an iPad running iOS 12.2. Note, the iOS links are designed to be opened directly on the device to quickly install the apps and will not work when opened on a desktop. If you continue to experience issues, please provide which specific version you are trying to install, in what browser, and what version of iOS your device is using so we may further investigate this.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Ned

tomwolf

Post by tomwolf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi Ned,

I figured how to install the Ranorex Service App 3.0.3 using my desktop, but I'm still not able to install it on my iPad and iPhone. The thing is when I click the link a pop-up does open up and asks me if I want to install RxServiceApp. When I click 'Install' nothing happens.
IMG_0010.PNG
On my desktop I was able to copy this link: 'itms-services:///?action=download-manifest&url=https://www.ranorex.com/download/mobile ... p303.plist' and paste in my browser. I deleted 'itms-services:///?action=download-manifest&url=' and I was redirected to this page:
IMG_0010.PNG
I copied the following link after 'string': 'http://ranorex.com/download/mobile/iOS/ ... App303.ipa' and paste it in a new browser tabblad. After that it took me to the download file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Tom Wolf

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi Tomwolf,

I am happy to hear you were able to install it through your desktop.

When confirming to install the service app after clicking the link on the mobile download archive, iOS does not give any additional notification that the app is downloading/installing. However, if you look at the device's home screen, you should see the app downloading/installing as pictured below (note, the full text is cut off, but the darker icon and "(..." at the end are signs it is downloading/installing).

1.png

I hope this clarifies what may be occurring!

Regards,
Ned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tomwolf

Post by tomwolf » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:04 am

Hi Ned,

I've always been using Android before so this explaines the problem. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Tom
Regards,

Tom Wolf