IE crash with Runtime license 3.0.2

Bug reports.
TeddyM

IE crash with Runtime license 3.0.2

Post by TeddyM » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi,

I encounter bad behavior with IE since I update my ranorex revision project (from 2.2.2 to 3.0.2)

Developed with a ranorex premium licence 2.2.2, scripts were correctly processed on browser IE 7 with a ranorex runtime licence 2.2.2 (IE crash problem never happened)

Since I update my premium and runtime licences with revision 3.0.2, IE crash problems always happen when scripts are running with runtime licence (reproduced with IE 7 and IE8)

I use Flex technology and XP Pro system, sp3

Best regards,

Teddy

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IE crash with Runtime license 3.0.2

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 am

Hi,
TeddyM wrote: Since I update my premium and runtime licences with revision 3.0.2, IE crash problems always happen when scripts are running with runtime licence (reproduced with IE 7 and IE8
Did you also update the Module or Lib you use in your application?
Did you try the new instrumentation method of Ranorex?
Would it be possible to post us a detailed error message? If the IE crashes you could use the EventViewer of Windows to get the error text.
We fixed a lot issues with this version, so please take a look to following blog http://www.ranorex.com/blog/flashflex-a ... -preloader

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

TeddyM

Post by TeddyM » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 am

Hi,

Did you also update the Module or Lib you use in your application?
> Yes I did

Did you try the new instrumentation method of Ranorex?
> No, I didn't

Would it be possible to post us a detailed error message? If the IE crashes you could use the EventViewer of Windows to get the error text.
> The EventViewer indicates an "hungapp" error

We fixed a lot issues with this version, so please take a look to following blog http://www.ranorex.com/blog/flashflex-a ... -preloader
> I install "flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe" and follow the process given but the IE crash problem remains

The problem seems to be fixed while disabling "Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon" in Internet Explorer Plugins management

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:02 pm

TeddyM wrote:The problem seems to be fixed while disabling "Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon" in Internet Explorer Plugins management
Did you try IE9 too? Crashes the Firefox too?
TeddyM wrote:> I install "flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe" and follow the process given but the IE crash problem remains
And you use the new preloader to automate you Flex/Flash application?
TeddyM wrote: The problem seems to be fixed while disabling "Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon" in Internet Explorer Plugins management
Please try to update to the latest release Ranorex 3.0.3

Would it be possible to post us a screenshot of the crash with expanded details?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

TeddyM

Post by TeddyM » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Support Team wrote:Did you try IE9 too? Crashes the Firefox too?
No, I didn't try IE9 nor FireFox
TeddyM wrote:I install "flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe" and follow the process given but the IE crash problem remains
Support Team wrote:And you use the new preloader to automate you Flex/Flash application?
Yes, I do
TeddyM wrote:The problem seems to be fixed while disabling "Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon" in Internet Explorer Plugins management
Support Team wrote:Please try to update to the latest release Ranorex 3.0.3
I update to the latest release Ranorex 3.0.4.
While enabling "Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon" in Internet Explorer Plugins management, IE crash problem is reproduced.
And if I disable this plugin, the problem is not reproduced.
Support Team wrote:Would it be possible to post us a screenshot of the crash with expanded details?
Please find crash details screenshot in file attached.

Regards,
TeddyM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:25 am

Hi,

Thank you for posting the crash report.
Please answer me a few additional questions to narrow down the issue.
  • Is Ranorex 2.x installed on the machine too? Means you have both installed on the machine 3.x and 2.x. If both are installed on the machine, please uninstall Ranorex 2.x
  • Is it possible to access your application?
  • Does the crash occur on a specific line in your code or immediately after you start it?
  • Please update your IE and try it with the newest one if the crash occurs too with IE9.
  • Did you check the report file of Ranorex? Could you please post us the Ranorex Report file.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

TeddyM

Post by TeddyM » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi,

Here are my answers.
Support Team wrote:Is Ranorex 2.x installed on the machine too? Means you have both installed on the machine 3.x and 2.x. If both are installed on the machine, please uninstall Ranorex 2.x
The process I follow to upgrade my licenses is the following one: first I uninstall Ranorex 2.2.2 on the computers (Add Remove Programs in control panel), then I install 3.x
Support Team wrote:Is it possible to access your application?
Sorry, the application is not available with network.
Support Team wrote:Does the crash occur on a specific line in your code or immediately after you start it?
The crash doesn't immediately occur after I start it.
But it always occur on a specific script test, where I try to focus some inputbox element (action used to avoid potential horizontal scrollbar problem) before click on them and enter a value.
Support Team wrote:Please update your IE and try it with the newest one if the crash occurs too with IE9.
I will update my IE as soon as possible and inform you about the result.
Support Team wrote:Did you check the report file of Ranorex? Could you please post us the Ranorex Report file.
Ranorex command prompt seems to be locked when IE problem occures: on the report file part joined, you can see that a user action is logged at 04:26:29.966. The corresponding duration timeout action is set to 30 seconds (try to identify an element with its ranorex path) but next action only happened at 08:18:46.236 when I kill IE window with procexp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi,

I saw in your Report Picture that a RxPath couldn't be found. Did you try to use Spy to check if the element really exists? Please start your Spy and check if the IE also crashes if you search this element with Spy. Did you check it with the newest IE?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

TeddyM

Post by TeddyM » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Support Team wrote:Hi,

I saw in your Report Picture that a RxPath couldn't be found. Did you try to use Spy to check if the element really exists? Please start your Spy and check if the IE also crashes if you search this element with Spy. Did you check it with the newest IE?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team
Hi,

I use Spy to check the element and it really exists.
I think RxPath failure displayed on the report may be due to manual IE window kill (with procexp); therefore tool couldn't identified an element whom window is not displayed.

I didn't check with the newest IE; I have to test on IE7 and I'm sorry but an upgrade is not a current project.

Are there some tool limits or risks if I use Ranorex 3.x with "Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon" disabled ?

Regards,
TeddyM

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 pm

TeddyM wrote:I didn't check with the newest IE; I have to test on IE7 and I'm sorry but an upgrade is not a current project.
No problem.
TeddyM wrote:Are there some tool limits or risks if I use Ranorex 3.x with "Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon" disabled ?
No there are no limitations. It is only a performance plug-in. It could be that the automation is a bit slower and maybe you have to increase the timeouts of your repository items.

We will research the problem with IE7 and maybe we can reproduce the issue. If we are able to narrow down the crash, we will provide a fix in an upcoming version of Ranorex.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team