image-based actions for elements in mobile IOS RxBrowser

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
GaryC

image-based actions for elements in mobile IOS RxBrowser

Post by GaryC » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Issue

I am trying to validate an email to register a user. This is done in Yopmail.com.
When I get to the email I am faced with an Iframe.

Response from Support
Based on the provided information, the elements you are trying to access are within an iframe. Due to security reasons, Ranorex (or any other automation tool) cannot identify any elements within an iframe on mobile devices. Unfortunately, this is something we cannot change since this is a general “same-origin policy” restriction.

As a workaround, you will need to use image-based or coordinate based actions for the elements within the iframe.

problem I need help with

I do not know how to user image-based or coordinate or coordinate based actions in a mobile Web application using RxBrowser.
I am using RANOREX 8.0 with Net Runtime Version 4.0.30319.42000 and in this version all recordings must be validated via the Ranorex Spy.

This is my second week with the app and I am a license user.

Can someone give me steps on how to do this
Or record something so I can see how its done.

I know how to do in on a desktop Web application but not on mobile.

Thanks in advance.

qwertzu

Re: image-based actions for elements in mobile IOS RxBrowser

Post by qwertzu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi GaryC,

You will have to create image based actions manually.
Therefore, simply drag an element from spy to your action table and create an action. Afterwards, you change this action within its properties to an image based action:
properties.png
regards, qwertzu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.