Image-based recording is too slow when repository has lots items while recording.

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
takara

Image-based recording is too slow when repository has lots items while recording.

Post by takara » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:43 am

Hi
This is talking about while recording.

I'm trying to record a click action via VCN Viewer with image-based.
It's works fine till about 30 items on repository which doesn't contain any other record module items.
But after over 30 items are resistered in repository, recording action becomes slow and slow.
And finally, the last behavior is as follows
1. I did a short left mouse click.
2. Mouse loick might captured by a recording module.
3. A recording module sended a down event and keep the status to SUT about 3 seconds.
4. After 3 seconds, a recording module sended an up event to SUT.

And I tried to remove all actions and items on a repository, then mouse events was sended firster.
And I tested this with windows notepad, then same behavior is occurred.

I separated repository for each record module, then I could reduce amount of items on one repository, but it's not root cause.

Ranorex Version is 9.1
Windows8.1 64bit
Language is Japanese
SUT: RealVNC 6.18.907 x64, Notepad(windows')

Does any one meet same situation?
And does anyone know solution with some settings change for instance?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Image-based recording is too slow when repository has lots items while recording.

Post by odklizec » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 am

Hi,

This is definitely not normal behavior. Have you tried to reproduce this issue on another machine?

On the other hand, image-based recording of VNC window (or any remote desktop window) is definitely not something you should do on a regular basis and large scale. In fact, it's a very bad idea ;) A much better solution is to install Ranorex on target (remote) machine and do all required automation on this machine. Image-based automation is not (and never will be) as reliable as automation via xpaths. Additionally, maintenance of image-based automation is pure hell. So ma advice to you is to drop the idea of image-based automation and do it properly, via xpath representation of individual elements.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

takara

Re: Image-based recording is too slow when repository has lots items while recording.

Post by takara » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi
Thanks for reply
Unfortunately, I need to use image base recognition because Ranorex runtime can't run on SUT because target OS is ROS.
I'm awaiting an answer from folks except general information like below.
odklizec wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 am
Hi,

This is definitely not normal behavior. Have you tried to reproduce this issue on another machine?

On the other hand, image-based recording of VNC window (or any remote desktop window) is definitely not something you should do on a regular basis and large scale. In fact, it's a very bad idea ;) A much better solution is to install Ranorex on target (remote) machine and do all required automation on this machine. Image-based automation is not (and never will be) as reliable as automation via xpaths. Additionally, maintenance of image-based automation is pure hell. So ma advice to you is to drop the idea of image-based automation and do it properly, via xpath representation of individual elements.