Image Recognition without Recording

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
CharlesCuozzo

Image Recognition without Recording

Post by CharlesCuozzo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 pm

I want to add an image recognition item to my existing recording. I have used Ranorex Spy to establish a path to the area of the application I want and I have added that to the repository. I then capture a screenshot of that area. I now want to drag that repository item into the recording and use it as a mouse click item with a location of the screenshot to click on. I also want to use the image editor within the location attribute in order to pick a particular area to click on.

I haven't been able to find a way to set the location of the mouse click item that I am adding (using my newly created repository item) to an image (which would be the screenshot) in order to set the click properly. The choices from the dropdown in the location attribute do not include an option for "image".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Image Recognition without Recording

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Hello,

I am afraid that I didn't catch your issue.
You can define the location of the mouse click for an image within the 'Edit Click Location' window.
EditClickLocation.png
EditClickLocation.png (38.73 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Bernhard

crimson

Post by crimson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 pm

How is this accomplished without the recorder \ studio? I'm using Visual Studio and the automation API only. Thanks!

Edit: Found it! Host.Local.Click(new Location(bmp, Location.LowerLeft));

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 am

crimson wrote:How is this accomplished without the recorder \ studio? I'm using Visual Studio and the automation API only. Thanks!
Please take a look to following documentation
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c3326

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team