Inconsistent Clicking on Webdriver endpoint

Bug reports.
BryonSullivan

Inconsistent Clicking on Webdriver endpoint

Post by BryonSullivan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 pm

Support and Forum Vets,

I am having an issue with something pretty simple. When I start a test on a webdriver endpoint, the test starts and gets to the correct landing page, but about 30% of the time, it fails to click the login button on the page.

I have tried everything that I can think of (including many of the Ranorex API options like Ensurevisible and WaitforExists) I have even tried to use some native c# webdriver stuff.

Now I am at the point in which I click on the button, check to see if the URL changes, and then if I need to, try to click the button again. This doesn't even work 100% of the time.

Any ideas what I can try next or have you seen anything like this before?

Ranorex version: 9.3.2
Selenium grid cloud provider: Testingbot
Url: rosieapp.com

Thanks in advance,
Bryon Sullivan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Inconsistent Clicking on Webdriver endpoint

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:01 am

Hello Bryon,

This sounds like a timing issue in my opinion. Most probably, the button is not fully loaded or ready to be clicked.
Please add a delay right before doing the click. If this doesn't help, you can try to split up the mouse click event into a mouse move and a click event. When moving the mouse to the button first, the button gets time to get activated (by mouse hover).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Bernhard

BryonSullivan

Post by BryonSullivan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Bernhard,

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that. Honestly I have tried everything that I can think of.

I have tried:
1. Using a Moveto() and then a Click()
2. Using a Click()
3. Using WaitForExists()
4. Using hard delays up to 30 seconds after Ranorex can validate that the item is present
5. Using a Click(), waiting, checking the URL to see if the page changed and if not Click() again
6. Getting the current endpoint as a Selenium webdriver, defining the object with a css selector, and clicking on it that way
7. Trying Host.Current.TryGetAsWebDriverEndpoint().StartBrowser() instead of Host.Current.OpenBrowser()
8. Multiple combinations of the above together

I think it may be time to engage support formally unless you have any other ideas?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:38 am

Hello Bryon,

You could try to use an invoke action instead. You wrote, the element is a button type, so you can use the invoke action "Press" in the recorder.

If you use code, the call of the method looks similar to this one:
repo.ClearEntryButton.Press();
If this doesn't help, please create a Support Ticket.

Regards,
Bernhard