Initial Questions

Ask general questions here.
chadhasandeep

Initial Questions

Post by chadhasandeep » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 am

Greetings!!!

We are in the process of acquiring a Ranorex license. Need the following questions answered in order to proceed. Kindly help us out.

1. Can we run Ranorex tests unattended via a batch file or better?

2. In case of a floating license can we install it on different boxes at the same time in order to test different OS's?

3. We were hoping that somebody could come over and do a demo for us. If possible your partner in India Chakkilam?

Regards
Sandeep

Ciege

Re: Initial Questions

Post by Ciege » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Welcome!
1. Can we run Ranorex tests unattended via a batch file or better?
Yes, after writing your script you can compile them as EXEs then launch them via BAT. I've created a c# launcher at my shop where I select which scripts I want to run via a checkbox dialog then click go.

2. In case of a floating license can we install it on different boxes at the same time in order to test different OS's?
With floating, then yes... As long as there is an available license to check out, this is exactly what floating licenses are good for.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:19 am

Hi,
chadhasandeep wrote:3. We were hoping that somebody could come over and do a demo for us. If possible your partner in India Chakkilam?
You are already in contact with our sales team according to this question, right?
And you got following answer:
Chakkilam is our partner in India. They are able to demonstrate Ranorex as well.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

chadhasandeep

Post by chadhasandeep » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Greetings Peter!!!

No I am not in touch with the Sales Team. While going through the forum postings I found out about Chakkilam. I got in touch with them but am still awaiting a response even 2 days after getting in touch.

We would really appreciate it if somebody could come over and give us a demo. The intent is to purchase licenses/services but we really need a demo and someone to answer our questions.

Kindly help us out.

Regards
Sandeep

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi Sandeep,

Below you will find the mail from our sales team and the already answered your questions.
Did you receive this mail?
Hello Sandeep,

Many thanks for your interest in Ranorex Software. Please find my answers below.

> Can we run Ranorex tests unattended via a batch file or better?
A Ranorex Test Suite project always results in an executable file. Therefore you can use any scheduling tool or batch mechanism to run the tests. In addition the test suite executable can have different execution arguments as explained here:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c3022

> In case of a floating license can we install it on different boxes at the same time in order to test different OS's?
You can install one Ranorex Concurrent Floating license on multiple machines but only use it on one machine at the same time.

> We were hoping that somebody could come over and do a demo for us. If possible your partner in India Chakkilam?
Chakkilam is our partner in India. They are able to demonstrate Ranorex as well.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Kind regards,

Christoph Preschern
Technical Sales Manager

Ranorex GmbH
Strassgangerstrasse 289 | A-8053 Graz | AUSTRIA
Peter
Ranorex Team