Instrumentation Error in .apk file

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
rocky.egr

Instrumentation Error in .apk file

Post by rocky.egr » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:52 am

Hello,

I am facing instrumentation error due to incorrect advanced settings. I have tried to go through some of the relevant threads which indicated me to add few flags to other instrumentation flags but it didnt help. I tried adding -static -multidex -nores -smali_redist in the relevant field but without any luck. Further more I tried changing the value of the flags to TRUE (for multidex flags and redistribute smali) but it did not help either. Can someone please help me in instrumenting the apk file. This is a showstopper for me as I am unable to proceed with automation of mobile app in android phone.

I have attached the complete exception log file with this thread. This might help you to decode the problem. Do let me know if you need any further details/information pertaining to this issue.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

qwertzu

Re: Instrumentation Error in .apk file

Post by qwertzu » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:09 am

Hi Rocky,

The exception in the attached error just shows, that your app uses multiple dex files.
I know, you've already tried using the "multidex" flag, but it would be helpful if you send us the error message you receive in this case.
So, please instrument with only the multidex flag and send us the error message you receive.
Then we can give further hints.

regards, qwertzu

rocky.egr

Post by rocky.egr » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:16 am

Thanks.

I tried it enabling only the multidex flag option as you had mentioned. Also I have attached the snapshot of the instrumentation settings. Please let me know if I have to try something else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi,

At first, you don't have to add -multidex flag, since the Mutlidex application option is already enabled.

At next, I think this kind of issue cannot be solved via forum and you have to contact Ranorex support...
https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/
To be able to analyze the problem, they will need to see the APK.

Also, are you sure the APK comply with instrumentation requirements? And what version of Ranorex do you use (most recent is 9.2.1)? If you are using something older, please update Ranorex and try to reproduce your problem.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rocky.egr

Post by rocky.egr » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks.

I tried using only with the multidex option enabled but it didnt help too. I am using the 9.2.0 version of Ranorex.
Ok, I will connect with support to get it resolved.