raju.vemu

Instrumented Android App Can not be launched

Post by raju.vemu » Fri May 27, 2016 11:57 am

Hello Team,

I have the following configuration on the machine:

1. Windows8
2. Java 1.8
3.Ranorex 6.0.0

Inorder to explore the automation of gaming apps I have instrumented an app (apk)using the Ranorex by adding the apk path (apk has been backed up and saved in the local directory) on the "Record a Mobile Test" screen.

When I try to launch the application manually it just flashes for a second and returns the old screen
when I try to launch using the tool it displays the error
"---------------------------
Cannot launch app
---------------------------
Failed to start app 'com.dragonplay.dragonplaypoker' because the app started event was not received within the specified timeout of '00:00:30'.
OK

When I install the app without using the tool I dint have any issue.

Url to the app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oker&hl=en
"

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Instrumented Android App Can not be launched

Post by Support Team » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi raju.vema,

Unfortunately I'd need a copy of the .apk file to instrument it on my local machine and to deploy on one of my devices.
May I ask you if you could attach the apk file here? Otherwise, you could also send it to [email protected]

Afterwards, I'll analyze the problem you are facing in more detail.
Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Markus (S)

rastek

Post by rastek » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:34 pm

I use Ranorex 5.3 and I see the same problem for my application, can you help me ?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:36 am

Hi rastek,

As mentioned in answer to another your post, Ranorex 5.3 is pretty old and no longer supported. Even if there is a problem with instrumentation process in 5.3, it's pretty unlikely Ranorex will release another 5.3.x service release for it. It's just too old and no longer supported version. So please, try to reproduce your problem with latest Ranorex 6.1.1. Also, search this forum for similar issues and try some of the suggestions in found posts. Typically, if the app fails to start with expired timeout message, it may help to increase the timeout values in Ranorex settings. Eventually, it may help switching from USB to WIFI connection (or vice versa).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rastek

Post by rastek » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:57 am

Hi odklizec, tried 6.1 but id didnt worked for me, our license did not work on that version.

odklizec I always search forum, I searched for this problem also, I already did i and found this thread, thats why I am writing here.. And from search resutls seen as below search did not helped me much..and I see that problem is still not fixed for the original reporter also ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

N612

Post by N612 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:41 pm

rastek wrote:and I see that problem is still not fixed for the original reporter also ?
Support Team wrote: May I ask you if you could attach the apk file here? Otherwise, you could also send it to [email protected]
I suspect raju.vemu reached out to support directly. As it has been recommended in the past, it is hard to support out dated versions. Are you able to provide attached the APK to see if we can duplicate your issue (no playstore links please)? It sounds like an isolated issue to your APK and not Ranorex.

rastek

Post by rastek » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Sorry apk file is bigger than 25 MB I couldnt send mail. will find another solution.

With Ranorex 5.4.5 I get this error on Windows 8.1 when trying instrument

System.Exception: Failed to recompile the instrumented code. See details for more information: ERROR: input directory 'woff' does not exist
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_7109076192668790227.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 16, --target-sdk-version, 23, --version-code, 100008, --version-name, 1.0.0, -F, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8406067812244360792.tmp, -0, arsc, -0, , -0, woff, -0, arsc, -I, D:\Users\ravci\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\RanorexStudio5\RxEnv\Android\temp\decomp\res, -M, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\RanorexStudio5\RxEnv\Android\temp\decomp\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:472)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:410)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:298)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:268)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:225)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:84)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_7109076192668790227.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 16, --target-sdk-version, 23, --version-code, 100008, --version-name, 1.0.0, -F, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8406067812244360792.tmp, -0, arsc, -0, , -0, woff, -0, arsc, -I, D:\Users\ravci\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\RanorexStudio5\RxEnv\Android\temp\decomp\res, -M, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\RanorexStudio5\RxEnv\Android\temp\decomp\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:425)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:458)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_7109076192668790227.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 16, --target-sdk-version, 23, --version-code, 100008, --version-name, 1.0.0, -F, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8406067812244360792.tmp, -0, arsc, -0, , -0, woff, -0, arsc, -I, D:\Users\ravci\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\RanorexStudio5\RxEnv\Android\temp\decomp\res, -M, D:\Users\ravci\AppData\Local\RanorexStudio5\RxEnv\Android\temp\decomp\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:419)
... 6 more
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."

at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Tools.Android.Instrumentation.ApkFileInstrumenter.CompileApkFile(String sourceApkFilePath, IPathService pathService)
at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Utils.BackgroundWorkerSupported.ExecuteBgwCode[TArg0,TArg1](BgwDelegate`2 methodDelegate, Int32 doneProgress, String progressText, TArg0 arg0, TArg1 arg1, BackgroundWorker bgw)
at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Tools.Android.Instrumentation.ApkFileInstrumenter.Instrument(String apkFilePath, Int32 port, InstrumentApkOptions deployOptions, BackgroundWorker bgw)
at Ranorex.Controls.Instrumentation.Workers.AndroidWorker.Run()
at Ranorex.Controls.AndroidInstrumentProgressPage.bgw_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

N612

Post by N612 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:22 pm

rastek wrote:Sorry apk file is bigger than 25 MB I couldnt send mail. will find another solution.
Try https://www.wetransfer.com/

rastek

Post by rastek » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:12 am

I have sent apk file to support address from dropbox

My current problem is I instrumented version and service versions are not same

I can not instrument with 5.4.5 but only with 5.3.2
I can not run mobile app with 5.3.2 but only with 5.3.2 !

So, I instrument with 5.3.2 and start recording with 5.4.5 I get warning

Only after I instrument with 5.3.2 I can run with 5.4.5 but this time I have compatibility issue

With Ranorex 5,3,2, it runs my application and records however it records everthing as AndroidViewSurfaceView with coordinates, but even can not find the object when running, replay is not possible.

I installed Ranorex Service 1.8.3 but Ranorex 5.4.5 gave wwarning again because my application is instrumented with 1.8.1

I also tried with another higher version phone but 5.4 can not instrument anything on the device
(Actually that device couldnt be accessed et all)

ravikohli2002

Post by ravikohli2002 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem with the latest version of Ranorex. Is there a solution for this?