Integrating multiple solutions with same Name

Bug reports.
Esivakumar

Integrating multiple solutions with same Name

Post by Esivakumar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi

We have 3 testers working on same Solution ,project with the same Name

Now we want to integrate all the three Solution, but we can't find any resolution to eliminate object repository conflict

meaning some of the objects in repository are same between 3 solution

also we want to merge all the repository to one .

Kindly help us to solve this issue.

krstcs

Re: Integrating multiple solutions with same Name

Post by krstcs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Are you using a version control system (VCS; e.g. Git, SVN, TFS) to manage your code repository? If not, you should be. This would make issues like this much easier.

Really, you should probably not all be working on the same project at the same time. My suggestion is to make one project (i.e. CORE) that houses all of your modules, and then make a new project for each test suite. Then each QA would work on one project. This means that merging is only really a concern on the CORE project.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

DavidHay

Re: Integrating multiple solutions with same Name

Post by DavidHay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Ranorex has a merge tool that helps with repository conflicts. I would attach their instructions but the forum does not allow pdf. The tool is in the bin folder called RepositoryMergeTool.exe. Running it from the command line without arguments displays what arguments it needs. I agree with krstcs, try to avoid working on the same project if possible. We have discussed setting up separate repositories for the same project while we work on them, and at some point join them together in Ranorex when we are ready. This would avoid the XML merge problems but still allow more than one person to work on a project.