Intellisense stops working after exception

Bug reports.
sgreenfield

Intellisense stops working after exception

Post by sgreenfield » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:26 pm

If you compile/run code and you get a crash (exception), the intellisense feature stops working until you shut down completely and start Studio again.

Before you ask, I was not in debugging mode - this was true even after selecting the menu option to stop debugging my code.

The issue has been reproduced several times.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:20 am

I just tried using intellisense after deliberately throwing an exception in a console application compiled and run with RanorexStudio; intellisense kept on working normally (Ranorex V1.5.1, Windows XP).

Could you please tell us your Ranorex and OS version? What kind of exception is thrown? How do you handle the exception (Break/Continue/Ignore/)?

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

sgreenfield

Post by sgreenfield » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:47 pm

This was not a command line application - that might be part of the reason. I was using Ranorex studio in Vista Business 32 (patched up to the latest version). The exception varied - I am learning the API. It did not matter if I hit break/continue/ignore, once I had the exception, that was it - no more intellisense until I shut down studio and went back in.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:32 am

I tried to reproduce this error on a vista machine with a Ranorex Windows Forms project, but did not succeed. Auto-completion worked perfectly, no matter how often an exception was thrown in the user code. So, I can only guess what the problem could be:

Do you use the most recent Ranorex version (1.5.1)? Did you try to reinstall Ranorex?
Could you please describe the exact steps to take in order to reproduce the error? Then I'll try again.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

sgreenfield

Post by sgreenfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:28 pm

This is v1.5.1. Not sure what other information I can supply to help you - I'll have to play around and see if there is something special to try. I've moved to VS2008 and that is fine so, I'll keep working that way with the demo.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:48 pm

One of our RanorexStudio developers had an idea: you can try to disable the RanorexStudio integrated console. Open the Options dialog (Tools -> Options menu item), select General -> Console, and clear the checkbox next to "Use integrated console view".

It's just a guess, so there's no guarantee that this will fix the auto-completion issue. Besides, do you have any new info for us concerning the steps to reproduce the error?

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

sgreenfield

Post by sgreenfield » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:39 am

At this point, no new steps. Sorry - I'll keep you posted if I figure it out though.