Interact with DevExpress TreeList

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Ansax5248

Interact with DevExpress TreeList

Post by Ansax5248 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:14 am

Hello,

My team and I begin to work with Ranorex from 1 month now, and we need to interact with a TreeList control from DevExpress.

Ranorex Spy recognize this control as an Element and I don't have access to the nodes of the TreeList.
I try to follow the instructions of this article https://www.ranorex.com/blog/enabling-a ... -controls/ to add accessibility but in my case I think it's not possible... (No access to DevExpress TreeList source)

I'm wondering if it's possible in user code module getting the object instance from a RxPath and cast this object to a TreeList control ?

Find in attachment the Ranorex snapshot of this application.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Interact with DevExpress TreeList

Post by odklizec » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:18 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, that if you are not able to add accessibility to this tree control, your only hope is using GDI Capture feature, as described here:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... e-feature/
Basically, you must add tree control to GDI capture list and then you should hope that there will appear RAWText elements, containing names of individual tree elements. Sadly, working with RAWTexts is nowhere as elegant easy as with standard repo elements. So this approach is good only for simple actions. Definitely nothing for complex GUI manipulation.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Ansax5248

Post by Ansax5248 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Adding accessible properties is impossible, ok.

Do you know if there is a way to get the instance of graphic element to be able to access unknown properties by Ranorex using reflection ?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid, I don't have any experience with that. But I remember some "reflection" discussions? So your best hope is to search the forum and maybe you find something related? There is a lot of posts regarding "uncooperative" DevExpress controls ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration